ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball roster movement

ConorONeill

Heisman
Staff
Aug 13, 2021
Welcome to the offseason! You're all miserable that Wake's season ended after two losses in the regional -- I get it.

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

There is a silver lining here: Wake Forest has 3 more weeks to evaluate and work the transfer portal than it did last year. So let's track who's going out, who's coming in, who might come in, etc. I'll do my best to keep this top post up to date and will sort departing players into tiers.

Going to be drafted so high, they'll sign no matter what:
1B Nick Kurtz
RHP Chase Burns
INF Seaver King

Didn't have a great season, still will be drafted and almost guaranteed signs:
RHP Michael Massey
LHP Josh Hartle

Curious how draft works out:
OF Jack Winnay (draft-eligible sophomore)
RHP Cole Roland (has been in college for 6 years but only played 3; if the waivers clear, he *could* return)

Out of eligibility:
OF Jake Reinisch
C Tate Ballestero
INF Adam Tellier*
RHP Chase Walter
RHP David Falco Jr.
C Cameron Gill
(note: Mitchell Salvino initially appeared here, but have been told he has another year because he came from D3, and those players were granted a second COVID exemption.)

Transfer portal exits:
RHP Will Andrews
1B Pirmin Brechbuhl
UTIL Jeter Polledo
LHP Levi Strahm
RHP Andrew Koshy
LHP Hudson Lee
RHP Ben Shenosky

Incoming transfers:
RHP Cole Zaffiro (Penn, 1 season eligibility)
RHP Luke Schmolke (GT, 3 seasons eligibility, eligible for 2025 draft, was with WF this season but ineligible)

* Tellier miiiiiight have a case for a medical redshirt. He only played 16 games in 2022 and I'm a little fuzzy on baseball's redshirt rules (some conflicting information on the Google search) but I don't think you can rule him out completely from getting a waiver approved and an extra season. Of course, if he gets drafted and/or signs, or wants to transfer, that becomes a moot point.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News