ADVERTISEMENT

Manning post game comments

LesJ

Heisman
Mar 26, 2007
I found this on the Miami basketball official site

Danny Manning – Wake Forest Head Coach

Postgame Press Conference – Miami (Jan. 23, 2016)

Opening Statement…“I thought the biggest swing in the game came when it was tied 48-48. Miami stepped on the gas and created some separation from us, and we couldn’t keep up. I thought in the first half we did some decent things defensively. We held them to a decent field goal percentage, but we were still down – you kind of look at the second-chance opportunities, offensive rebounds and our turnovers. We came out in the second half and like I said, once it hit 48-48 they stepped on the gas and we weren’t able to keep up…a lot of different reasons [for the loss], but namely offensive rebounds and turnovers.”

On closing the half on a 13-4 run and cutting the deficit to 35-33 heading into the locker room…
“I think we obviously guarded them better in the first half than we did in the second half. Yeah, they probably missed some shots that they normally make, but that’s how it goes. If we can put together two halves like we did in the first half - just with that type of attention to detail defensively - we’d be a lot better off.”

On if Miami did anything to surprise his team…
“There are no secrets in this league. There’s too much technology for that.”

On Miami coach Jim Larrañaga saying the team’s conference record doesn’t reflect its talent…
“That’s very nice of him, but we’re 1-6 [in the ACC] and that’s the only thing we can look at right now. We have to be much better to win. We know that the league that we play in, night in and night out, it’s going to be a beast. It’s the best league in college basketball. But we still have to find a way. We have to put two halves together and we really haven’t done that yet. Miami is playing very good basketball they’re off to a great start at 15-3, and Coach L has those guys playing at a high level.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News