ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting RCS: Atlanta notes and other musings

Kelly Quinlan

Heisman
Staff
Jul 10, 2006
Sunday was the Rivals Camp Series event in Atlanta and the smaller Wake Forest 2022 class project was really felt. It was the fewest Wake kids I've had to interview in a while. Several who had early offers even told me the Deacs have basically stopped recruiting certain positions.

Slot receiver target EJ Evett (Seneca, SC) told me that he has a really good relationship with Coach Higgins and he wants to visit WF this summer. He said right now Coastal Carolina is pushing the hardest for him.

One of those is Newberry (SC) WR Zack Chalmers who is a good-looking 6'4" WR. Coach Higgins had been on him until recently when the WF staff let him know they are not taking an outside WR in the 2022 class as of right now. Chalmers will visit KU June 2nd now.

Slot receiver target Landon Ibieta from Louisiana has an OV set up for Miami and wants to set one up with WF as soon as the staff is willing to give him a date. Outside receiver target Grant Page is in the same boat wanting an OV to WF, but the outside receiver room possibly full depending on Casey Washington's status, he will have to wait to take that OV.

On the other side of the coin, Coach Cohen offered Selah Brown from Louisville, KY this week. He is a combo DL sort similar to Boogie Basham. He is a 4-star and the #3 player in the state of Kentucky for 2022. We will try to catch up with him this week.

OL coach Nick Tabacca also offered Maxime-Olivier Cabana an OL from Massachusetts in East Hampton near where a lot of my extended family live.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News