ADVERTISEMENT

Final Offense and Defense Stats for 2014

mocksvilledeac

All-American
Jun 5, 2008
Mocksville, NC
I understand a lot of you guys aren't big fans of stats, and yet they dont measure the entire success, or improvement of a team they can so areas of weakness, and where you need to improve. I'm not a stat nerd, I'm a old football player, but over the years I've studied these stats, and a lot of these stats will match up, and show where your weakness are. Here are a few area on offense, and defense that we finished out of 127 FBS teams.

Rushing Offense 122
Turnovers 105
Punt return 116
Kick-off Return 116
Interceptions 119
1st down offense 95
Passing 60
Red zone offense 100
Sacks allowed 122
Total offense 113

OK if we break down our offensive stats here is what I see. We allowed a ton of sacks, and we're one of the worst at protecting the QB. When we got down in the Red zone how many times did we have a hard time punching it in. Look how bad we ranked in throwing interceptions, that ultimately killed us in scoring drives, and it ultimatly gAve the other teams points. Our Punt, and kick off returns were terrible, I don't know if it was a culmination of blocking schemes, players not doing their assignments, or Tarbi Hines not doing his job. I think these stats reveal 2 things, 1.) Our QB turning the ball over to much, and 2ndly like we all know we have major problems on our offensive line that I hope will be fixed by next season.

Now looking at our defense I want to show you 2 key stats that show you where we struggled on defense.

Rushing defense 56 which is great
Tackles for loss 63 not bad
Sacks 98
Passing defense 95

Now you guys tell me in what 2 areas hurt our defense the most for the entire season. I will tell you what I see, we hardly ever got any sacks on the QBS, or pressure. Secondly who would agree our Secondary killed us this season giving up big pass plays, over, and over. If you look at our rush defense we did a good job for most of the seasons..

In conclusion I think we will be stout on the run, we just have to be able to get our front 4 to be able to get some pressure, and sacks on the QBS.secondly our Secondary can't get any worse, hopefully we will be be way better, and able to cover the deep ball

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News