ADVERTISEMENT

Football Practice notes 3/7

Kelly Quinlan

Heisman
Staff
Jul 10, 2006
Apparently there is an illness going through the offensive line right now, different guys have been out daily with it.

Said it is less of a problem in the spring, prepares for what could happen in the season. Benzinger has been out, said it is good to get other guys some reps.

On new ILB coach Tyler Santucci,

"We knew what we were getting with him with because he was a GA here, to get his own spot at JMU then Texas State then with Mike Elko, he was a good coach and now he is a better coach after those experiences. Great job recruiting, great teacher.

On Santucci being boisterous

We kind of need that. An AD once said to me, "the best thing you do is you hire well." and I said thanks, I guess. I think he meant it as a compliment and 10 years later I'm still trying to figure it out. I think on a there has got to be different personalities. I don't want clones of myself because the way I am is what I provide for the team. Different players resonate with different personalities and I think it is important on your staff to have a bunch of different people. We have coaches who are loud and boisterous and others who are a bit more cerebral. I think that combination is what makes a staff a staff. We all have strengths and weaknesses and our ability to fill in those areas in important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News