ADVERTISEMENT

Quotes from the ND game

LesJ

Heisman
Mar 26, 2007
Not much to see here, with these coming from Notre Dame media relations:

Danny Manning, Wake Forest head coachOn covering Notre Dame…“They do a great job of spreading the floor and making shots. Tonight, they made nine threes and they also made the ball to the paint. They’re a very difficult team to cover and tonight’s game, for us, that was a deep down. We put up some resistance, but overall, as a group, we didn’t have it.”

On being down seven at the start...“You never want to put yourself in that situation. We’re bottom back in certain games and Notre Dame is a very good ball team. Mike [Brey] has them playing at a great level right now.”

On Demetrius Jackson…“Getting [Demetrius] Jackson back for this game, to me, he’s one of the catalysts on this team – he had 8 assists – did a great job of facilitating and getting other guys involved.”

Wake Forest PlayersBryant Crawford, Freshman GuardOn his consecutive 20 point games…“My teammates are doing a good job of finding me when I’m open and I’m knocking down shots.”

On defending Notre Dame…“We knew coming into an ACC game, it would not be easy. They’re a good team and well-balanced as a team.”

On Notre Dame’s zone affecting second-half scoring…“The zone definitely slowed us down. And we just didn’t make our shots and couldn’t go on a run.”

On guarding Demetrius Jackson…“It’s the same challenge guarding any other point guard. Just have to go out and compete every time.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News