ADVERTISEMENT

Football Week 7 - Clemson-WF - Noon o'clock, 10/12

ConorONeill

Heisman
Staff
Aug 13, 2021
Let there be life!

Wake Forest's season undertook a different tone with a 4th quarter comeback in Raleigh. This was a game I said in the 3 glass-half-empty predictions would be a blowout loss, so I'll own that L.

I'd stop short of declaring Wake's season saved or anything but it's a good first step. More than anything, you can't help but feel good for the players who have maintained they knew they were close to getting one of these close games to go their way, that they weren't a fractured locker room, that they knew all it'd take was one or two big plays to score a win.

Now the focus shifts to a Clemson team that's righted its ship, blowing out three teams and winning the Grant of Rights Bowl last night at FSU. The Deacons are 20ish-point underdogs and it's hard to disagree, given Clemson's offense has been lighting people up through the air and Wake's defense has been gashed there.

I'll have full coverage this week -- albeit, basketball media days are in Charlotte on Wednesday and Thursday, so time is a bit constricted. And I'll have coverage of Saturday's game.

Here was the story from yesterday.

Reactions: HCF3 and Wake90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.